I wanted a snack, something spicey, cheap and tasty so I thought… Popcorn is easy to make and in general quite healthy for you unless you add loads of sugar (which I like) – Add some chilli I thought and it came out delicious so I share it with you all.
- Vegitable oil to coat bottom of pan
- Add about half to a teaspoon of Naga Jolokia Chilli paste
- Heat up and stir to mix the chilli into the oil
- Add popcorn to cover about 3/4 of the bottom of the pan
- *Optional* Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to cover popcorn for sweetness
- Cover Pan and heat on a medium to high heat
- Wait for popping
- Wait for popping to slow to almost stopped
- Remove from heat, stir and serve
It was a nice change, quick and cheap to make and will most likely suprise people when they try it. It starts as a tingle heat and seems to get hotter the more you have.
I once made regular chilli popcorn for a church event. I told people I was bringing chilli popcorn, they didn’t seem to grasp the chilli part. Almost every person tried some and liked the first taste, but after a few then people went for Water of all things… we told them milk but they didn’t listen.
Some of the group loved it and ate the rest. People tended to listen more after I said things after that. Strange coincidence, or just looking after themselves?